The Crystal Hotels und Restaurants AG in 7500 St. Moritz will be happy to arrange a relaxing stay for you. To ensure you a successful stay, we request that you carefully read the following terms and conditions which form an integral part of the contract. We would like to thank you for your understanding and taking notice of these conditions.
1. Conclusion of contract
- The provisions of the Swiss Code of Obligations apply to the conclusion of the contract. Normally, the contract is concluded by a reservation confirmation signed by both parties or by the unconditional acceptance of an offer of the hotel by the guest.
- The customer's terms and conditions shall only apply if they have previously and explicitly been confirmed in writing.
- If the guest desires services which are not provided by the hotel itself, the hotel acts merely as an intermediary. These services will be charged separately.
2. Prices, Down-Payment, Invoicing
- The prices result from the conclusion of the contract (reservation confirmation) and are quoted in Swiss francs.
- Unless otherwise agreed, prices include breakfast.
- Depending on the booking's scope, a pre-payment has to be provided by the guest. If a down-
payment is agreed, it is to be paid within the agreed period of time, otherwise the hotel may
freely dispose of the rooms.
- Room costs are to be paid at check-in. Unless otherwise agreed, the total bill is to be paid at the
latest when the guest departs. The hotel accepts cash, credit cards (Mastercard, VISA, American Express, JCB and CUP) and debit cards (Maestro-Card and V-Pay) as means of payment. Cheques are not accepted.
- Invoices of the hotel without a due date are to be paid within 10 days of the date of invoice, without deduction. The hotel is entitled to invoice any charges incurred at any time and to demand immediate payment. In the event of default in payment, the hotel shall be entitled to charge the legally applicable default interest of 5% of the invoice amount. The hotel reserves the right to prove it has incurred greater damage.
- The agreed prices include the legally applicable VAT rate and taxes. The hotel reserves the right to adjust agreed prices due to changing rates of legally applicable rates and taxes.
3. Guest rooms – check-in, check-out
- Booked hotel rooms are available to the customer on the agreed arrival date (check-in) as from 3.00 p.m. and are at the guest's disposal until 11.00 a.m. on the agreed day of departure (check- out). In the event of early arrival or late departure, the room may be used earlier or vacated later in agreement with the hotel. If the room is occupied for a longer period of time without prior agreement, the hotel may charge 50% of the listed room price until 6.00 p.m. and 100% from 6.00 p.m.
4. Cancellation provisions
a. Cancellation by the guest
- If a guest uses an ordered room later than agreed, not at all, or cancels it early, the following
cancellation policy applies in winter season:
▪ up to 15 days prior to arrival: no cancellation fees
▪ 8 to 14 days prior to arrival: 50% of services booked ▪ 0 to 7 days prior to arrival: 100% of services booked
- The following special cancellation conditions apply to services booked for the holiday period (Christmas and New Year):
▪ until 30.11.20xx: no cancellation fees
▪ from 01.12.20xx: 100% of services booked
- in summer season:
▪ up to 3 days prior to arrival: no cancellation fees
▪ 2 days or less prior to arrival: 100% of services booked
The date of the receipt of the cancellation is decisive for the calculation of the cancellation fees by the hotel.
- The Crystal Hotel reserves the right to adjust the cancellation conditions individually depending on the scope of the booking; this will be noted in the contract (reservation confirmation). An annulment/change of the cancellation deadlines by the guest is only possible with the written consent of the hotel.
b. Cancellation by the hotel
- Rooms may only be used for accommodation purposes. The hotel is entitled to cancel the contract immediately and without further notice if the contract has been concluded under false pretenses or based on factually deceptive statements, or if the rooms are not used in accordance with the contract.
- If an agreed pre-payment has not been paid even after expiration of a reasonable grace period granted by the hotel, the hotel shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract.
- Furthermore, the hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract extraordinarily for factually justified reasons, for example if - force majeure or other circumstances beyond the control of the hotel make it impossible to fulfil the contract - the hotel has reasonable grounds to assume that the use of the hotel's services may endanger smooth business operations, or compromise the safety or the reputation of the hotel.
- In the event of justified withdrawal by the hotel, the customer is not entitled to compensation.
- If the hotel is unable to meet its obligations due to an overbooking, it shall offer the guest
equivalent services in another hotel.
5. Liability of the hotel
- The Crystal Hotel assumes no liability for the loss of or damage to property belonging to the guest. If the objects are to be insured against fire, water theft, damage or any other danger, the guest must arrange for such insurance himself.
- The Crystal Hotel assumes no liability for services provided by sub-contractors at the hotel.
- Should guests come to harm or be dissatisfied with the hotel's services, they must immediately
inform the hotel otherwise they can no longer assert any rights.
- In general, all claims against the hotel shall expire 6 months after departure, provided the
mandatory legal provisions do not specify longer periods.
6. Closing provisions
- Whenever possible, amendments of or additions to the contract (reservation confirmation) must be done in writing. Unilateral amendments or additions shall not be valid.
- By signing the contract (reservation confirmation) – or by confirming a booking unilaterally – the guest indicates his or her full acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions.
- This contract shall be subject to Swiss law exclusively.
- The parties agree to accept St. Moritz, Switzerland, as the sole place of jurisdiction.